WALK & ROLL
Walking on Campus
Campus sidewalks experience high traffic volumes during class change times. Pedestrians have the right of way on university sidewalks, at all times. Anyone riding a device or driving a motorized vehicle on campus sidewalks must yield to pedestrians.
For questions or comments about walking on campus, contact Ginger Cannon.
- Pedestrians always have the right of way.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Remove headphones and avoid cellphone distractions.
- If you feel unsafe anywhere on campus, call 801-585-COPS (2677) to report your concern.
- If you witness or are involved in a crash on a sidewalk, immediately call 911. Wait for first responders and file a report to document the incident.
- If you witness unsafe behavior on sidewalks, report it through this online form.
Other Wheeled Devices on Campus
All non-motorized devices must obey Policy 3-232.
- Always yield to pedestrians.
- Skateboards, scooters and other personal mobility devices (including electric powered devices) are allowed on sidewalks but are prohibited from parking lots and roadways.
- The speed limit on the sidewalk is 10 mph.
- You are responsible for safely operating your non-motorized vehicle on campus bicycle paths and lanes.