Commuter Services offers several different parking options to accommodate visitors, students, faculty and staff. Short-term and special-category parking guidelines and maps are outlined below. Visit our permits page for information on long-term parking passes and parking areas.
Monday- Friday from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
$2.00 per hour; $20.00 daily maximum
Method of payment
Credit card and validation coupon code
Where to park?
- Lot 12- Business Loop
- Lot 28- Union East
- Lot 33- Student Services
- Lot 64- Medical Garage
- Lot 6- Marriott Library/Campus Bookstore
- Lot 25- Student Life Center
How kiosk parking works?
- Upon parking, visit the nearest the kiosk to enter your license plate number, the number of hours needed, and department coupon code, if applicable.
- At the end of your credit card transaction, the kiosk will display the Extend-by-Phone option. Enter your phone number to receive a text message when your parking session is about to expire. For an additional $0.25, you can reply with a number of minutes to remotely extend your parking session.
- You do not need to display the receipt in your vehicle.
NOTE: Vehicles that have not paid for parking in advance are subject to citation.
COUPON CODES ARE A FORM OF KIOSK PARKING VALIDATION REQUESTED BY DEPARTMENTS:
- Allow two full business days to process any coupon code requests.
- The rate of coupon codes are $2.00 per hour per vehicle.
Contact us for more info:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 801-581-6415
Consider the following parking regulations when bringing a vehicle on campus:
Anyone parking a vehicle on campus must pay a fee to do so, every day of the year, except for university-recognized State Holidays.
Free parking is available for University Hospital patients and their visitors; and for visitors attending theater, museum, and sporting events. Additional parking fees may be required for other events taking place on campus.
Vehicles must be parked in locations designated as legal parking spaces, with the license plate affixed and clearly visible from the roadway.
The fee to park must be paid in advance.
Once the parking fee is paid, a motorist’s license plate functions as the parking permit. Vehicles backed into parking spaces must have front license plates. The permit holder is responsible for making sure the plate number is entered correctly and kept up to date.
A permit may be assigned to more than one car as long as only one of the cars is parked on campus at any given time, but the same car may not be assigned to more than one permit at a time.
Parking is enforced daily until 8:00 pm in most areas on campus—with some areas controlled until 10:00 pm. No parking areas, reserved stalls, and ADA stalls are enforced 24 hours per day.
The State of Utah authorizes full University parking regulations:: Utah Code, Title 53B, Chapter 3, Sections 103 and 107; and they are outlined in the Utah Administrative Code.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations are available to the university community and to visitors who need to "top-off" their tank! A parking permit is not required; however, the driver is responsible for paying the charging rate.
EV charging stations are in the following lots:
- Lot 2 – East Law
- Lot 11 – Central Garage
- Lot 16 – Madsen Clinic
- Lot 38 – Northwest Garage
- Lot 46 – North Ustar
$2 per hour through the PayByPhone System
- Lot 11 – Central Garage on Level 2
- Lot 38 – Northwest Garage on Level 2
NOTE: All existing stations throughout campus will soon be replaced with ChargePoint stations.
NOTE: Vehicles that exceed the allotted charging time or are not plugged in will be cited.