LYFT RIDESHARE PROGRAMS
About the Lyft programs
Lyft is the official rideshare partner for the University of Utah and provides three program options designed to support your department's transportation needs.
The Lyft programs provide transportation solutions for the following scenarios and more:
- Employees needing transportation on business trips
- Visitors traveling to campus
- Patient or healthcare employees traveling between clinics
- Individuals visiting campus for special events
How to get started:
Click the button below to complete and submit the enrollment form. The University of University/Lyft Program team will reach out to discuss your transportation needs, provide training and program management resources and work with you to set up your program.
Three Program Options
Recurring Pass: An automated program for rides that recur regularly
- You may assign a monthly dollar amount to program participants that they can use towards Lyft rides each month
- You may restrict the rides by date, time and location. You may also customize the value so you can maintain control over your program budget and ensure rides are used as intended
- Your departments may provide a list of eligible riders who will receive Lyft Pass ride credits
- Eligibility riders must have a University of Utah email address to be verified
One-Time Pass: For one-off events or non-recurring rides
- Departments may purchase Lyft codes for one-off events and rides for non-recurring programs
- You may restrict the rides by date, time, location, max redemptions, and value
- Go to the Lyft Event Portal to set up your own event code
Lyft’s Health Safety Program
In response to COVID-19, Lyft launched the Health Safety Program to implements the following safety measures:
- Requiring drivers and riders to complete the personal health certification
- Requiring drivers and riders to wear face coverings
- Providing health safety education to drivers and riders
- Distributing of cleaning supplies and face coverings to all drivers
Tips For Riding Smart with Lyft
- Match your ride: Always check that the car matches the license plate, make and model displayed on your Lyft app.
- Share your trip info: Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app
- Track with GPS: Follow the Lyft vehicle on the GPS within the Lyft app
- Double-check the driver: Ask the driver to say who they are and make sure it matches what is displayed on your Lyft app.
Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft.
Complete and submit the Lyft Department Form to learn more about the programs. The University of University/Lyft Program team will reach out to discuss your transportation needs, provide training and program management resources and work with you to set up your program.
Rides are billed by Lyft via monthly invoice, and you can pay via ACH, check or card.
No, you will not receive free rides or discounted rates when you enroll in a Lyft program.